Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Flop: Turkey Cake

Happy Friday everyone!  On my pumpkin cake post, I mentioned that I also tried to make a turkey-shaped cake at one point that sort of flopped.  This used the same technique as the pumpkin cake, except I doubled the recipe.  After I stacked the cakes on top of each other (in an aluminum baking pan), I cut off the sides to make it more oval like a turkey, then took the parts I had cut off and cut them into drumstick shapes and stuck them to the ends.  Then I dyed some frosting a tannish brown and covered the whole thing.


Post-flop thoughts: If I had really been thinking, I would have made some wings as well, or stuffing or faux veggies to fill up the rest of the pan with.  It just needed a little more oompf.    However, this was actually an irish car bomb cake (thanks Smitten Kitchen!) so it still got eaten ;) 

2 comments :

  1. Haha, it's so cute! But I agree, adding some stuffing and veggies would have made it perfect :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I think adding fake veggies and stuffing (maybe as cupcakes or something?) would have made it perfect. Still a totally cute idea (and a carbomb cake sounds ah-mazing!).

    -Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete